Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Time to get it done

I feel bad.
My son's room is perfect, my favorite room in the house by far.  But he was my first and I had a TON of free time to decorate his room before his arrival.

My daughter joined our little family nearly two years later and I just couldn't get her room done.  I had a hard time coming up with a plan, I couldn't find time, and I just couldn't envision it.  Here it is nearly 3 years later and it's still not complete!

I'm working on fixing that right now!  Maybe by her 3rd birthday I'll be done.  Maybe.

First she needed something on the walls.  This is what I wanted:

This is what I did first though:

I got impatient one night and used some blank canvases I had around the house instead of going to get some embroidery hoops. I hated it!  As soon as it was on the wall I hated it!  I never even tried to find something else for the 2nd little shelf.  The next day I went on a hunt for embroidery hoops.

I used iron transfers to add a couple of Elsha's most common nicknames to the center hoop.  I'll be adding more names to it as she aquires more nicknames and pet names.


Every week the circles seem to be in a different pattern.  Sometimes a little different, sometimes a lot different.  I learned that the kids were taking them down and playing with them.  I can envision embroidery hoop frisbee's flying around the room.  As long as they put them back...

I'm really liking the plaid material. It has this line of green in it that I think the room really needs.  I'll be using a lot more green in her room in future projects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shanon - That is a cute idea using names she is called, etc. You have neat ideas. Love G.

Shanon Ridenour said...

Thanks Grandma!!! She seems to collect names like crazy so I try to just use the ones she seems to like herself. It's actually time to add another name :D