Monday, March 28, 2011

Beautiful Pantry Doors

I had this wall of closets in my kitchen

I loved the storage they provided but just not the look and feel.

I made a change - a big one - and I love it!


The original plan was to frost the glass but I am liking the way it feels open.  So... I'm adding decorating the pantries to the massive To-Do list.  Funny story about that list actually.  The other day my husband asked me what I was going to do when I got everything done on the house.  I just laughed and said "We'll never be done sweetie, but it's cute that you think we will be."  Isn't it true!  There's always something.


Next time I do a project like this one I'll peel all the plastic off the individual windows prior to painting.  The paint sealed some of the plastic in and it's been a pain to get out.  I've had to go around each pane, front & back, with tweezers and attempt to pull out all the plastic.  Once that's done I'll need to touch up the paint where the plastic pealed off the paint when we removed it.  Removing the plastic is a tedious task now, one I don't know if I'll ever really finish.  It also feels more like cleaning than a fun project so it's on the list but not very high.  I'll do it one day, eventually, when I'm bored (HA!).

There's a sneak peak of my next two projects up there.  I <3 Beadboard!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat doors. You have to keep everything in order though!!! Ugh. Love G.

Shanon Ridenour said...

It's a great motivator to keep it clean and organized. There's enough space there that it's really not that hard to do and after I get done building new shelving for them it will look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

It is neat. You do have a lot of room. I would love to have that much in both houses. But I would probably fill it wouldn't I. Love G.