Saturday, August 29, 2009

In Need of A Little Sparkle

My 1 year-old daughter refuses to wear ANYTHING on her head. I've tried sun hats, beanies of many kinds, bows, clips, head bands... Nothing ever stays on for longer than a few seconds. The only thing I have found she will gladly keep on her head is her brother's ball-caps - SO NOT GIRLY! Before I went out and purchased yet another hat for her I decided to give one of her brother's a makeover. If she doesn't like it - it's okay, I didn't spend a dime!

I dug up some unused flower buttons from a project for my niece, glittery gem stones left over from our Christmas Ornaments last year and one of my favorite products - Aleene's Tacky Glue (in the gold bottle). It works on and for everything!


I used my knee to keep the shape of the hat while glueing on all the fun and my 3 year-old helped picking which flowers should adorn the hat. Since the hat is for my 1 year-old I made sure to get glue all over the back of each item so there would be less chance of her picking them off. I had to be careful not to put too much stuff on the hat actually - I found myself wanting to add more and more flowers and gems.

Still camo - but now it's camo with SPARKLE!





1 comment:

Chad and Kristen said...

How sweet!!!!! She looks just like you!!!