Monday, August 24, 2009

Finally Got Some Time...

I finally was able to get both my kids down for a nap at the SAME time. A very rare occurance! I decided to spend this golden opportunity addressing a problem I've been meaning to take care of for a long time. Let's see if you can guess what I made...


No idea huh? Let's try another angle...


Ok then, here's a BIG clue...


I made a cord organizer! Well, technically not a cord organizer, but a cord hider I guess :)

I have a wonderful (if rarely used) office. Unfortunately, because my kitchen table is so central to my entire house I tend to spend most of my computer time there. Between my cordless mouse transmitter thingy (no idea what it's called), my external hard drive, my ipod cord and my phone cord I have quite the mess at the table most days.

I needed a way to make my mess appear more organized and make it easier to move the laptop from the table to other parts of the house when needed. What I came up with was a very simple solution. I used:
  • A box with an attached lid
  • 3 coordinating pieces of 12x12 scrapbooking paper
  • Mod Podge

It was as simple as wrapping a present and I think my table looks much cleaner! Yeah me! :)


1 comment:

Chad and Kristen said...

Great idea!!! I wish I had seen this before we spent about $40 on ours for our dresser!!! You are so creative!!!