Thursday, October 8, 2009

More Halloween Fun!

I added a few finishing touches to my front room shelves today.

I'm so excited with how it turned out!

LOVE the shelves but I'm not sure what I think about the crooked picture!  Might have to change it...

The frame below was super easy.  Just an empty frame, spiderweb and little spiders.  The wire behind the frame doesn't show up in person (much) so I didn't remove it.  Apparently the flash on my camera catches it just right to make it show.


Earlier this week I had the family help me make some ghosts.  Even my husband made one - yup, I got him to craft with me.  He made this little cutie with the bow.  I made the bow for him, didn't want him to feel too overwhelmed with his first craft project.  We took the easy route for the ghosts and used spray starch.  It was a quick, no mess way to make some fun Halloween decorations.


This is the ghost I made.  The thing on his chest is supposed to be a tie... no???
The spider is actually a toy I stole from my son's toybox.  It's one of those jumping spiders minus the little tube.


Here's the ghost my 10 year-old made.  He wanted fangs so fangs he made.  He's also holding a sword but you can't really see it in this angle because of the frame.  I love that he didn't want just a plain ghost.

The 'Wicked' deco is really a warning.  The woman in the picture can be quite a beasty... shhh... don't tell her I said that.

This is all I'll probably do in the house.  I don't have many places that are out of reach of the children - they are true monkeys and have already tried to get to the pumpkins on the shelves.

Up next some fun stuff in the windows and a group of ghosts for the front yard (I'm really excited about this one!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanon - Love your shelves for Halloween and your neat pictures. Great that you got family to help also. Makes it more fun. I always loved decorating for Halloween also. Love Grandma

Shanon Ridenour said...

Thanks Grandma! I think Halloween is going to be one of my favorite holidays to decorate for.