Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gone Thrifting...

I've been inspired by all the great crafters that share their thrifting treasures online. Frankly, I've even been a little jealous of some of the awesome finds.


Saturday I went to the local thrift store and learned a few things...


1st - I should never, ever, ever, EVER go on a Saturday again!
It's kind-of a hectic store and throw in a whole gaggle of shoppers and it is quite overwhelming.


2nd - I need a list.
Between the chaos, the shoppers, and all the merchandise I couldn't concentrate on what I was looking for.


3rd - I can not look in other people's carts.
Apparently I have a green-eyed monster living in me. I got there 2 minutes too late to get this adorable treasure chest and was so frustrated I missed the opportunity that I felt like I was in a race to find the next treasure.


Overall, a very eventful trip - despite not buying a thing.


I made a list of items I'm looking for and ideas I have for projects and braved the great thrift store again today. I was VERY excited with my finds and can't wait to share the projects with you when I complete them.



Here's what I got...


Hutch - $7
Glass Bow Container - $2
TV Tray - $8


$17 and I came out skipping and clapping! That's the cheapest entertainment I've had for a long time and the fun hasn't even started yet.


Here's a sneak peak of what I'm working on right now.
It's even on my list of 2009 Goals!

No comments: