Thursday, February 24, 2011

2011 Projects

Every year I make a list of projects I want to get done around the house.
Every year I only complete a couple of them.

This year will be a little different.  We had a minor child induced flood last year that helped us in starting A LOT of projects I've been wanting to do for so long.  Now they are all underway in varying degrees of completed-ness.

I've already had a busy year getting my main bathroom done, redoing all my pantry doors and finishing up a lot of the little things that get put off.  I'm excited for the rest of the year.  Here's what I'm going to get done:

1. My lower cabinets. 
Installing beadboard on the backside, stripping & painting them.

2.  New Countertop in the Kitchen

3.  Upper Cabinets
We're taking off doors on some to provide open shelving and painting the rest.

4. My stairs need a overhaul! 
They have a worn tan(ish) carpet that just looks awful surrounded by all my pretty new tile.

5. Master Bath Redo
We've long passed the point where it changed from a "I'd like to" to "Oh My - this just HAS to get done."

6. Front Door Facelift 
New paint, hardware & screen door.

7.  Finishing up my almost 3 year old daughter's room
Sad to say, it's not done.  It's cute but not nearly finished.


There is so much more I want to get done but knowing me and knowing my time and money I'm pretty sure it won't.  There are some little projects I'll get done along the way but I'm going to really focus on just these main areas this year.

No comments: